This page is devoted to a wonderful game of Go. The board it is played on is called GoBan.
Read about game history.
Article on Wikipedia.
Introduction to the game.
Interactive tutorial available:
- The Interactive Way to Go (link)
Windows builds of various Go programs (link).
Download a computer game GlGo and GNUGo on
Online versions of the game are available at 361points. You can play against GnuGo engine
here. Atari-Go is
Some problems for solving are available
Some playing tips & proverbs:
- Connect the stones whenever you can.
- Your vital spot is also the opponent's one.
- No one point jump is a bad move.
- "Go is a sharing game - you can't get everything. You have to yield, you have to sacrifice, you have to apologize if you were too greedy. If you were too aggressive, you will lose everything, literally!"
Below is some Japan-related material.
Learn how to sit (Seiza).
There is a company in Australia that builds